Installing a new Garage Door can improve the appearance of your house while making it more secure. Normally, there are two types of Garage Doors. 1 type consists of a solid door attached to hinges which is raised as a single unit. The other type is a doorway made up of several panels attached to tracks that run up the sides of the doorway opening and then move underneath the ceiling. To ensure proper operation, the door panels have been installed in precisely the same period as the tracks. If you are looking best garage door repair in Albuquerque tips and tricks which will help you proper garage door maintenance.
1.Install the weatherstripping on the bottom edge of the bottom door. The installation process varies by manufacturer, so read the instructions supplied with the door. The weatherstripping is a seal which prevents water and outside air from going into the garage.
2. Attach the brackets to your cable into the bottom door, following the manufacturer’s instructions concerning the positioning of the brackets and the precise installation approach. The cable is part of the mechanism which opens and closes the door.
3. Put the hinges into position on the top border of the bottom door (the side that will face inside the garage). Drill pilot holes through the screw holes at the hinges, then screw the hinges into the door. There are usually 3 hinges, with a single on each side and one at the center.
4. Put the bottom door across the opening to your garage door, centering it on the opening. Position the doorway together with all the hinges on the very top, facing inside the doorway, along with the weatherstripping on the bottom.
5. When finish, each track contains the mounting brackets used to attach on the upper (flat) section of these tracks into the ceiling.
6.Slide wheels to the outside hinges and cable brackets around the bottom panel. These wheels will roll inside the monitor once the door is opened and closed.
7.Slide the bottom edge of the doorway tracks across the wheels. Leave enough of a gap so the door can easily transfer inside the monitor.
8.Screw the tracks to the door frame by driving screws through the holes at the screw plates. Do not fully tighten the screws nevertheless; twist them enough to maintain the tracks set up but loose enough which you’re able to adjust the tracks as necessary.
9.Attach three hinges on the upper border of this second door, and slide a wheel to the outer hinges.
10. Put the second door panel in addition to the bottom panel, sliding the wheels to the monitor as you position the doorway. Attach both panels together by screwing the hinges onto the top border of the bottom panel into the second panel. Continue attaching panels in this fashion before the door is intact.
11. Assess each track to get plumb (vertically straight) using a level, and then adjust them if necessary. After the tracks are straightened, twist the screws from the brackets that attach them to the door frame.
12. Attach the upper section of these tracks to the ceiling by driving screws through the mounting brackets and to the ceiling joists. If you can not attach the whole bracket to the ceiling joists, install drywall anchors from the ceiling for extra strength and stability.